Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Just a little update

Recap of what I did lately:

Books:
Finished reading Sophie Kinsella’s newest book Remember Me? Other than finding it a feel-good chick-lit, I have nothing to more to say.

I’m currently reading Eileen Chang’s Lust, Caution in French… quite hard to read if you ask me, maybe it's the translation...

I like the book cover so much that I have to post, I mean it's Tony Leung and Tang Wei here!

Movies:
I’m in the mood for aminated movies so I rewatched Shrek, still very cute and funny. Saw Howl’s Moving Castle on DVD by the very great Hayao Miyazaki, still fascinating and lavish but I prefer Spirited Away more. Interestingly, Christian Bale dubbed the voice of Howl in the English version but I watched it in Japanese anyway…

Saw The Dark Knight in cinema yesterday with cousin P and her friends, awesome movie, worth a second watch despite being very depressing and dark.

Music:
Ordered Hins Cheung’s newest album Urban Emotions and Khalil Fong’s Wonderland Live 2008 DVD + CD (bows to Warner!), still patiently waiting for them to arrive. I’ll probably spend a lot on CDs later because Jay Chou is rumoured to release his newest album in August and Khalil Fong in September (I seriously doubt it but I would like to believe it’s true)…

2 comments:

p.w. said...

oh yes, "the dark knight" was quite good!

Anonymous said...

Hi yih-wen,

I just surfed past your blog and read your post. Have you seen the japanese anime, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time?
I think you would like it too...

i was wondering if you were interested in taking part in a campaign that I'm working on for a company called Matchstick that does word of mouth marketing. Basically, we put products in the hands of people that are most likely to talk about them.

We have a beauty product that we are promoting. If you qualify for our program then you get a fun kit with a value of 50$.

let me know if you are interested,

Cheers,

Jesse Ship
jesse@matchstick.ca
www.matchstick.ca

We have a