Friday, March 28, 2008

Changing Partners

Changing Partners Synopsis: (from http://www.koreanfilm.or.kr/)
Young-joon and So-yeo are a young couple with their marriage relatively stable. On a day their mutual friend opens a wine bar, they come across Min-jae and Yu-na, a couple quite the opposite of themselves. After a trade of talks, Young-joon becomes a client of fashion consultant Yu-na, while hotelier Min-jae agrees to help So-yeo book a hotel for her Hong Kong business trip. So-yeo meets Min-jae by chance in Hong Kong, while Young-joon trades suggestive remarks with Yu-na who visits him on a consulting session. That night, the four of them find in the other partner what had been missing in their respective marriages…


My comments:
A movie starring by two actors who I’m fond of (Park Yong Woo and Uhm Jung Hwa) and two others who I’m not (Lee Dong Gun and Han Chae Young). I think that Changing Partners is worth a watch; at least I wasn’t bored for a movie that’s almost 2 hours long.

The likelihood of two couples cross-having an affair was questionable and I felt that there is a stronger emphasis on Min Jae (Park Yong Woo) and So Yeo’s (Han Chae Young) affair and that they were more passionate than the other pair. It’s very obvious that they were attracted to each other when they first met but it’s a mystery to me why Young Jun was attracted by Yu Na (that boxing match was priceless though!). However, I find myself surprisingly more interested in Young Jun (Lee Dong Gun) and Yu Na’s (Uhm Jung Hwa) story although I really don’t see them as a ‘couple’. I really like the scene when both women fell into the water and you’ll just wonder who will save So Yeo and who will save Yu Na, the husband or the ‘lover’. I’m a sucker for these kinds of scenes so I find it pretty touching.

3 comments:

Katkol said...

My name is Katherine and I came across your blog today. That movie sounds interesting!

I work for Matchstick, a word of mouth marketing agency, and we’re looking for 100 commuters who are highly social, and connected in the Montreal area to try out a new accessory for your iPod! All that we ask in return is your feedback about your experience with the product.

If you’re interested, and would like additional information please visit our website at www.matchstick.ca/energi .

At the end of the questionnaire, we will be asking for your contact information solely for the purpose of contacting you via telephone to ask you some more questions. We will not use your information for anything other than this purpose. To view Matchstick’s privacy policy, please go here: http://www.matchstick.ca/privacy.htm

Thanks and feel free to contact me at 1-800-530-8092 ext. 219 or Katherine@matchstick.ca if you have any questions!

Have a great day.

Anonymous said...

Hi Yih,

I came across your website today and it's very nice!

Anonymous said...

Well said.